Tuesday, January 25, 2011

END OF THE WORLD




Recently i have begun contemplating 2012. It seems that most of the world has forgotten that we all only have one more year left to live. I ask myself, why are we in school? Shouldn't we be building bomb shelters, taking life survival classes, and perhaps..perhaps trying to instigate a little world peace. I mean really wouldn't that be grand if the whole world decided, hey, we might all implode on ourselves in less than 11 months why don't we try getting along for once. If we can't manage any of that the least we should do is go crazy, spend all our money and make the best of what we got, right? Well as for myself i am a bit perturbed about the doomsday date that the Mayans assigned. December 21, 2012. That means i officially will be having the worst birthday of my life, considering that my birthday is the tomorrow of the end of the world.. December 22... shucks i always thought 22 would be a good year for me. Instead i will be spending it fighting off pestilence, encroaching famine, and at least 3 different packs of wild animals. Maybe now would be the best time in my life to let it all go, maybe run away to some foreign land, maybe i'll dable in learning the dark arts(who knows maybe we all are muggles and Voldemort is making his comback, at least i'll be on his side), maybe i'll try to break a world record, maybe i'll finally learn how to play an instrument, maybe i'll write a poem that means something to you, maybe i'll eat the worlds most decadent things, maybe i'll make a difference, maybe i'll forget about what's good for me and just do what sounds good to me, maybe i'll stop caring about the future and live for today, maybe just maybe i'll do all of this, get away with it, and live to see my 22nd birthday!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

RYLEIGH!!! I am so glad you took things seriosly when I said this could be your new little way to pass time. I mean seriously. I already love you as much as my own offspring, and now THIS: "I officially will be having the worst birthday of my life," AND: ". . . at least three different packs of wild animals."

But geez. I had no idea about our forecasted Dec. 21, 12 doomsday. Total bummer.

I LOVE YOU! And I love that my every so busy days of running errands and taking kids here and there and reading stories and checking homework and cleaning and cleaning can occasionally pause for THIS!

Ry said...

Nanners you inspire me, i appreciate the far too gracious compliments. I'll keep the blogging of nothingness coming!.. if for nothing else but your comments

Brooke Shoko said...

i love that you're back to blogging world. welcome.

Deek said...

If you want to add "Ride Mahzy like a horse" to your list, I'll allow it.

Perla said...

Hurray! You weren't kidding! And the blog look is so cool with your background and photo! I love to read what you are thinking in your head. And I hope that you will be able to celebrate your 22nd birthday in happiness, not huddled under a bridge with a crossbow in your hand that you just happened to find and don't even know how to use, but have as your only protection against the packs of wild animals and...the gangs! Scary gangs. And lots of dust. Shudder. I LOVE YOU!