Sunday, May 9, 2010

A bulleted update






I am in Thailand. I am hot and sweaty 24 hours a day. I live in paradise. I love the food. Love the people and the culture. I also have no desire to write a long intricate blog so here goes a bulleted update of my first few days here
  • Saved by a good samaritan named Ken in Chiang Mai
  • bus broke down on my way to my city. spent a few hours getting aquatinted with the 100 degree weather
  • live with 4 girls on the floor in a tiny little place
  • no hot water...but really who wants that when your sweating all day anyway
  • thai food is great
  • Chaing Rai is simply beautiful. I have an inkling i'm living in one of the most beautiful countries on earth
  • Rode elephant bareback ( straddling its neck) through mountainside and rice patties
  • Learned how to make a toggle chain from James Bond at the Aids Access House
  • Got kicked out of playing with aids children early cause the princess was coming to town
  • Played with a group of shy silly outrageously cute autistic kids for a couple hours
  • Went to Wat Rong Khun Temple (look at photos online) so beautiful..got kicked out again by the princesses arrival ( i think she may be stocking me)
  • sweated some more
  • and i am currently enjoying every second here i don't think i could have chosen a better thing to spend my time, energy, or money on!

3 comments:

Brooke Shoko said...

awesome pictures.

natalie said...

I'm so glad you are loving it :)
love the elephant feet.

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.