Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awake and Expectationless

It is nearing 3 am and after the good ole college try I have found myself laying awake in bed for the last four hours.What a shame not to enjoy my second to last night in my billowy soft bed. It's probably due to the fact that I slept 12 hours last night. Either my body is brilliant and is trying to prep for my soon to be altered sleep pattern or the swollen tonsils and pounding headache did me in. Soon my night will become as day and day as night. An 11 hour difference is going to be some killer jet lag!

As this being my first blogging moment I suppose I should share what all this jabber is about. I am leaving to Chiang Rai, Thailand in a little less than one day. Through valid sources I have come to understand that blogging is for the real writer and Facebook would never suffice. So here I am, Ryleigh Allred, the flesh and blood one last time before I depart. I wish I had something profound to say but in all honesty I feel like I am just going home. After spending five months in China this last year I have come to love and accept the quirks, perks, and culture of Asia. However, I have repeatedly told myself that this experience will most likely be nothing like my days of teaching in Fuqing and am currently left with not a single expectation. You know what it feels good walking into the unknown.... but we'll see just how good I feel about it in a few days.

Walk strong soldier, over and out.

1 comment: